Saturday, October 31, 2009

45

Special Halloween Edition! Bonus pictures!

It is a costume of opportunity. One of the few wigs I hadn't left in storage was this one, which has been dubbed my Joan Jett wig. I ran out of half-ass ideas for a costume, and then the wig reminded me of its presence. Ergo, Joan Jett for Halloween!

I dug through what I had on hand to throw this together. A bunch of random jewelry, the top half of my latest bathing suit whose bottom is mysteriously missing. The pants I got a while ago when I thought I was going to be working at KD in the costume shop. Which turned into a sweat shop, so they were forgotten. I know, me, black pants, forgotten? I'm actually really happy with the makeup for this, though it's definitely not everyday wear. But fun, yes?



The shoes are a bit of a sad story though. I found them in pristine condition for $3 at a thrift store. Super comfy and just the right amount of ass-kickery balanced with a little bit of stacked heel. Within a week of finding them, the seam on the right ankle (inside, next to the zipper) totally busted., Ripped the faux-leather and all. Not really a fixable. But if I can't wear them for day-to-day-wear, I will damn well get at least this post from them Dammit.

We will pretend that the guitar is not a Rock Band guitar, and that the tattoo on my chest is not done with sharpie.

This last shot is for Camille. You know why.



2 comments:

M. C. Wagner said...

Love this set- wish the producers for "The Runaways" had seen this and put you in the part over Kristin Stewart. Is that a new tattoo on your chest? Fantastic. But you knew that.

M. C. Wagner said...

yes, yes, it's done with a sharpie, but I was playing along. Love the design. Next time you want to do something like this, let me know and I'll bring you one of my guitars